Let's play a little Jeopardy
A: 10 undegraduate degrees, 5 masters degrees (counting Grace's graduation next week!), and 2 pending masters degrees
Q: How many college degrees does the Whitehouse family have?
Harrison graduated this past weekend, making it eight in a row for Ben and Gladys. That's over 32 years of undergraduate education, half of that at N.C. State, another quarter at Appalachian State. I am going to recommend to them that they write a book on how to finance your kids education, as it is obvious they have figured it out! I look at what they have done (and for that matter continue to do) as THE example of what Beth and I strive to do for our kids.
We all met at a great house in Blowing Rock for the weekend, 1 out of 3 days of good weather is pretty good for Boone in Spring. The house was huge, had plenty of room, and was very centrally located in the heart of Blowing Rock. I especially like the sign over the bar, capturing an excellent approach and attitude towards life.
After a rainy Friday, Saturday turned out to be beautiful, I got up around 7am and went for a nice run on the Tanawah Trail, my trail report can be found here. Later than day the entire family went on a hike to the top of Rough Ridge, one of the easier hikes in the area and definitely the most rewarding views. Later that day, Harry, Ben, Dave, Andy and I made the trek up (straight up) to Raven Rock. This is my favorite hike in this area.
Reilly even made most of the trek up to Rough Ridge, thanks to the excellent leadership of Zak and Emily.

Here are some pictures of the views, Grandfather Mountain is directly in the background behind the Tanawha Trail sign, this is actually the top of Rough Ridge.
Here is a nice shot of the Linn Cove Viaduct, probably the most recognizable landmark on the Parkway.
A run and two hikes make for a great weekend, I was fortunate enough to do it all in one day. Sunday the rain was back but we got to watch Harrison graduate and see the convocation center at Appalachian. All in all it was a great weekend. All pics from the weekend can be found on our Yahoo Photos site








2 comments:
IS ANYONE READING THIS?
TOMMY
This is a great blog! I love it!
Post a Comment