Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Love in Life

Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.~ Franklin P. Jones

As I type, my Dad's Dad, my grandfather, is not doing well. He has not "been well" for several years now, ever since his wife, my grandmother, passed away. A part of him truly did die with her and I have to believe he will be reunited with her very soon.

My Dad was able to make it to Dalton and along with his sister, they are spending time with him. He has been in a nursing home for a few years and lately things took a turn for the worse, it seems his time is very close as his body is basically shutting down on him.

Grandpa is a very loving, kind man and my memories of him go back as far as I can remember. One thing that both sets of my grandparents have shown by their example is how to love, how to put your family first, and how to honor and respect marriage. While Reilly will grow up not remembering or knowing two of his great grandfathers and one great grandmother, I am very grateful that he got to meet grandpa, that we made the trip to Dalton when Reilly was only one, that we spent a day laughing, loving and spending time with one of the few things that most of us have and SHOULD NEVER take for granted, FAMILY.





 Posted by Picasa

No comments: