An additional trip we took in October was to Boone. This was the first trip Beth and I have taken away from Chapel Hill without Reilly. Ben and Gladys took Reilly early Saturday and we headed to the mountains. The leaves were peak and it was BEAUTIFUL. Harry took us to a great hike on Roan Mountain. I wish we would have had more time but it was a great hike with beautiful views.
That evening Harry took us to Eseeola, a place where Gary and I worked and one of the most beautiful places in NC. The lodge has changed significantly since my days and I was a bit dissappointed in the change to the menu. It used to be a fixe price dinner with several courses. It is now a more traditional menu, still VERY good, but not quite as formal or fancy. The next morning we had a great breakfast at Grandview, followed by some shopping at the Blowing Rock outlets and then home. A very nice weekend indeed.
Tomorrow Gary, John Moye and I head to D.C. to run the Marine Corp Marathon, I'm hoping to overcome a cold before we toe the line Sunday morning, wish us luck. I'll post a race report next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment