A few months ago Gary and a few others ran a part of the Falls Lake Trail. This trail is approximiately 23 miles long and outlines the lower section of Fall Lake. The trailhead off Hwy 50 is less than 10 minutes away from Beth's parents house. I HIGHLY recommend this trail for a run or hike. It is not that hilly and offers great views of the lake. I did a 12 mile out and back on Easter, weather was perfect and the trail was very runnable. This is now one of my favorite runs in the area.
detail info can be found here:
http://home.nc.rr.com/schnabba/falls_lake_nature_trail.pdf



1 comment:
Hey, we started at Blue Jay Point Park there at Highway 98 and ran toward the dam. We ran out for 90-minutes and turned around. We never made it to the dam. I'd like to get back out there for sure.
Post a Comment